[bookport] Bookport and MP3 Files

  • From: "Jason Rufo" <jayrufo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:37:15 -0500

Greetings,
    I have a few questions about bookport with respect to it's MP3 abilities.
While I intend to use the text reading features  this device offers, of equal
importance to me is it's ability to play music. Generally speaking, I'm writing
to find out if there is anything that makes the Bookport an inferior MP3 music
playing machine when compared to other MP3 players such as an Ipod which are
strictly intended to play music.

    First, Can the Bookport handle MP3 files in various qualities and bit
rates? Before purchasing one of these gizmos I would like to know if the
machine can read a 44,100hz stereo 128kbs MP3 audio file or higher. This is the
absolute minimum size and quality I will listen to MP3 files. Secondly, what
are the specifications with regard to the lowest and highest quality MP3's this
player is capable of handling when it comes to bit rate and size. Last, aside
from the quality of an MP3 file it's self, is there anything about the Bookport
that degrades the quality of MP3 audio it is capable of playing. I would be
grateful for any information anyone could provide to my questions.
Thanks