[bookport] Re: Book Port as a Notetaker

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 06:36:53 -0700

        I also use the Bookport as a Note taker.  I agree with a previous post
here, that it's hard not to write grade 2 braille by default.  However, I
don't even try.  I just write good old grade  2, then run my words through
a back translator when I put them on the computer.  I don't mind listening
to the Computer braille symbols when I'm actually taking notes.  The one
exception is the title.  When writing the name of the file, I use grade 1,
just so the name is spoken correctly when I'm browsing through my notes
files.
-Brian