[bookport] Re: Book Port advantage

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 22:51:59 -0500

Thanks for that information, Joni. As soon as I'd sent out my querry, naturally, I downloaded Book Port's MP3 audio manual, and everything I needed to know was right there. As an avid Braille user, the notetaker functions will probably cause me to do some Book Port shopping tomorrow morning with my little magic piece of plastic. Love my Book Courier, but when I look over the impressive list of additional features which Book Port boasts, I get all excited and wish my new purchase-to-be were already here! I especially like the idea of being able to transfer intact folders. You can't do that with the Book Courier, but must first create a folder on the unit and then populate it. Also, items can't be sent directly from Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer except in a somewhat secondary fashion. No unfiltered files are playable on Book Courier at this time. If you attempt to send items directly from Windows Explorer or I.E., or intact folders of any kind, the resulting transfers won't be filtered and are entirely unusable. I'm just supplying this information for others who, like me, could have benefitted from it a short time ago. If Book Courier's price were considerably less than that of Book Port, I'd be quite happy with my purchase, but there's only about a seventeen-dollar differential, and I'm fully expecting Book Port's enhancements to be worth much more than the meager additional cost would infer.

And incidentally, even with the large amount of email traffic being generated by this list, I've already gotten many valuable pointers which will undoubtedly safeguard me from a variety of common errors. Truly, it's possible to find value in assimilating a multiplicity of viewpoints and in appreciating our inevitable differences.

David Bennett

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>