[bookport] Re: Book Port Spyder

  • From: CLKennedy <chowe641@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:07:28 -0500

The Spyder program still needs work. It doesn't work with all sites, but it's still useful. The "Begin" and "End" buttons are used to set links. If you're on a webpage and you press the applications key, a menu will appear. Pressing Enter on "Book Port Spyder" brings up the program and puts you in a list of links on that page. Use the arrow keys to move to the link you want Spyder to start gathering content from, and then press the "Begin" button. Select the ending link the same way, and press "End". When you've selected both links, move to the beginning of the list and arrow to the "go" button. Next, press "go", and Spyder will begin gathering content from the links you specified, including the beginning and ending links and those inbetween. If all goes well, all the text from the pages will be transfered to the Book Port. If not, it will only grab the link target URLs, which is what has often happened to me.

Good luck,

C.L. Kennedy, www.lulu.com/KennedyPoems

----- Original Message ----- From: "optus rod" <rodsalzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>