[bookport] Beta 22 and mp3 sample rates

  • From: "Angie Matney" <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 19:14:51 -0500

Hello list,

I'm using beta 22, and I tried to play some mp3 files I downloaded. I didn't
check the sample rate initially for the files, but
the BP didn't seem to like them. It kept jumping ahead a bit when I tried to
play them. It was very choppy. They did play
in my computer. The files were recorded with a sample rate of 22050 hz, 128kb/s
and in stereo. I resampled one to the
more common 44100 sample rate, and it worked just fine. Have others had this
problem? It seems to me that I've played
files at this sample rate before, so I'm not sure if the problem is a new one
or not.

Angie