[bookport] Re: Backing out a beta

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:21:55 -0500

It is possible to roll back the firmware. It requires that we publish a
.exe which you would download and run. Since it requires a lot of things
to be in place on our end, I wouldn't beta test unless you really want
to be a beta tester. The software and firmware are substantially
different, so both would have to be rolled back, and we do not currently
have a simple way to do it.

Rob Meredith

>>> gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/10/05 03:52PM >>>
My wife tells me my Book Port has arrived. I assume it has what
those of us who have been testing would consider an old version
of firmware. If, for whatever reason, one wanted to roll back a
version or even go back to the last released version of the
firmware, is this doable or is firmware, once updated, now
permanent? I know it can't be permanent but words fail me so I'll
simply leave it at "Can we roll back to previous versions of the
firmware?"

Gary