[bookport] Re: Audible vs. NLS

  • From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:02:14 -0400

This is not quite true. The ability to burn certain audible books to CD is built-in to the audible software. If they wanted too, they could remove that component from audible manager. Publishers know this and I believe audible can turn this off on a per book basis. Who in their right mind would screw around making ten CD's or whatever and then ripping them to mp3? Most people wouldn't bother. And I'm curious whether the guy who said publishers wouldn't allow audible to sell their books because of the lack of security can site the source for that statement?