[bookport] Re: Accidental loss of book mark

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:30:48 -0600

Are you sure your bookmark isn't there? From the top of your file, press 5 and 6.

At 08:32 PM 1/30/2006, you wrote:
Normally, while reading, I use the one andthree keys to lock Book Port. So that accidentally, I don't hit a key and mess up the works. Well, today, I didn't lock the file after it started reading and accidentally pressed the one key. My book mark was gone and I was back at the beginning of the file. My six key -- advance by paragraph is the only set of keys that work in moving through the file. It's a rather long book and constantly depressing the six key would drive me insane. Not that I'm not already there. <G>

Any, is there a way to find my old spot without having to move down by paragraphs. The segment, or region keys don't work. I transferred the book in txt form through book port transfer utility. Apparently, it didn't set enough markers.

Might this be a suggestion for the next update. Maybe leaving the current book while traveling to the top of the file. Or, someway to get back?

Thanks, Skip

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A