[bookcourier] Re: Copying books from book courier back to PC?

  • From: "Graham Lewis [gjl]" <gjl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:20:50 +0100

You can backup the file system from BC and then reinstate it on the BC.  What I
think you are after is converting files back into plain text.  As far as I know
Spronger has not made the details of the format public domain, otherwieI am
sure it would be possible to write something that takes the plain text back out.

AS the Bookcourier is no longer to be developed, is there any way Spronger
could let us have this information so that the software developers omong us
might create such a tool?

Well, no harm in asking.

Meanwhile, do what I do and ensure that you always make a backup of any text
that you upload to the bookcourier in a folder somewhere on your PC.

Graham