A Bobsy Talk Email: Re: Fwd: Re: Bobsy at the Glen

  • From: "don anderson" <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bobsy_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 17:49:45 -0500

Bob,

That is DEFINITELY Richard Ruff's Bobsy SR3. Richard bought it from Franklin
Rudolpf in a basket, and restored it with an Alfa engine. It had previously had
a Ford or Twin Cam engine. Richard put a steel subframe - roll bar in the
center section of the car, similar to the one in John Baird's car. I recall
that Phil Denny's PDR shop did the restoration.  Richard ran it for a short
time, and then had it for sale for a long time. Eventually, I think that Don
Blenderman bought it. I don't know where it went then, but that is the same
paint job and stripe Richard had on it, and the same roll bar.

Don

 From:Robert AlderSent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 3:42
PMTo:bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; snowdonracing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Bobsy at the Glen
 Bob & Ray (Hey, any chance you guys used to have a comedy team???.  Didn't
think so),
 Anyway, as you may, or may not, know I'm the keeper of the Bobsy Registry,
www.bobsyregistry.com.  As noted in the email exchange below, we're trying to
identify an Alfa powered Bobsy which was at your Watkins Glen event this past
summer.
 Can you be of any help?  If it is Jim Ziegler's car (just my guess) I'd really
like to get in contact with him.  The registry lists him as a Bobsy owner, but
we have no contact info to reach him.
 Thanks,Bob Alder - Denver

 [Recent Email Exchange]
 --- Original Message ---On: Sat, 17 Dec 2011From: "Hugh Tompkins"
<htompkins@xxxxxxx>Subject: 3rd row! Bob- This was an Alfa reunion wkn @ The
Glen sponsored by SVRA. Looks like a Bobsy to me... Any idea who's? Must be