[blindza] Re: Vodacom

  • From: "Boshoff, Deon (GP Health)" <Deon.Boshoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 14:26:20 +0200

OK, I now also have one of these; the c5.  But, I’m still abit confused about
the model numbers of these models?  The box says C5, the computer picks it up
as Nokia C500.2, and some call it the c5 5MP..and so it goes on….It’s a nice
phone, very thin, large keys [yes, this one thankfully still has keys, as I
have no clue how I would fare with a touch screen]  you can use a high-quality
headset; the music is stereo, and the radio and music playback is real great.
The memory card you get with it is 2GB, but you can buy up to 32GB, so here’s
something you can carry a lot of music and books and so on, along with you.

The main camera of this model of mine is 5 MP, so you can use it to photograph
typed paper, and then OCR it. You do get programs with which you could do this
on the go.  However, some of the C5’s Vodacom gives you, are only 3.2MP.

Connecting the phone is done by micro USB, and what’s nice about it, is that
when you connect the phone to the computer, the battery also gets charged, so
you don’t need to carry the charger along and lose it somewhere.  To move data
between phone and computer is thus easy.

The Talks installed on this model is Eloq. US again, which I prefer over Eloq.
UK.  Talks version 5.22.3.

Gone are the days you get a CD in the box; this time the Nokia Suite is on the
memory card of the phone. And it is now called “Nokia OVI Suite”, something I
am struggling with, as Jaws or NVDA do not speak while you try to install it on
your computer.  Here is where the new OCR feature of Jaws 13 comes in handy.

I have been using my previous Nokia Navigator 6210, as modem for about two
years now, but with the new c5 I am still battling to convince this OVI Suite
to use my c5 as modem, so I’m still using the old 6210…

Deon [G. Boshoff, BA[Stell]UDC[Potch]
WESKOPPIES HOSPITAL
Tel:              0123199735
Mobile:           0829699571