[blindza] Sort of interactive fiction game running on android phone/device

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BlindZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 08:56:59 +0200

I just got this game to start working/talking to me on my Samsung Galaxy Y Pro
GT-B5510:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ecsoftwareconsulting.adventure430

It's called colossal cave adventure, and it specifically has a TTS option you
can turn on, and only issue had was that although had turned TTS on, while read
interface, it wasn't really talking to me initially, until sort of figured out
that you had to at least answer Y to first question - most likely related to
something like a licence agreement, and then it would in fact start reading
game output to me, etc., but anyway.

Aside from that, have now also just installed spiel screen reader software on
my android, and, it firstly reads quite a bit more screen info to you as you
navigate using the optical track pad, but, also, for example tells you the item
index - as in 1 of 10, etc. - and only other issue with it for now, since it's
also free, is that it doesn't seem to read web content to me as well when using
the browser that seems to work best with talkBack, but, will be trying it out
with other browsers, like fireFox, etc., since the one have tried the most with
talkBack was ideal web reader:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.androidvox2&hl=en

Anyway, carrying on playing around with this unit/device/operating system, and,
getting there...<smile>