[blindza] Not relevant to much

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BlindZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 07:59:50 +0200

Like subject line says, it's not really relevant to too much, but today is
literally 5 years since I got out of hospital after my accident, and think I've
at least made some progress in terms of getting my life back on track etc.

Not 100% sure about it either, but was also told a while ago that it took some
people, on average, around 5 years to get fully back on track, out the house,
etc. etc., but I've been overseas, ridden a bike 3 times already, done bridge
jumping at the one higher ground camp, gotten back to working properly on
computers, gotten into cooking properly again such that have had sighted
friends tell me to start a sort of informal cooking school (and thanks to
another blindie friend for the names she's come up with for things like my
virtual internet café and virtual cooking school - both including Jake the
Snake nickname), etc. etc. - life goes on.

There are still (and will always be) some more things would like to sort out,
get around to, make happen, etc. etc., but that's normal, blind/VI or
not..<smile>

Anyway, this is like my last/final pseudo 5-year-milestone.

Stay well
(and, BTW, I do actually type that every time - if I want to include it in a
message :))