[blindza] Re: Fw: Seeing with Sounds, My Segue into Vision

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 22:39:14 +0200

Got it working on my cellphone and my pc, and I've played with it a bit, but I reckon it'll take a bit of practice. Possibly the most useful thing about it might just be that you can use it as a colour sensor, for free...

Basically it will work on a Symbian Series 60 cellphone (operating system), and it took a little bit of stuff to sort out the installation, because, for example, I specifically had to delete a specific .dll file off of the memory card before it would actually start working, but, Peter Meijer, the dude who is developing it, was very useful and helpful.

Either way, I will try to get around to testing it a bit more, and let you guys know.

Cheers

Jacob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rinaldo" <guelpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 2007-04-22 blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
   Hi
   Got this software - both the PC version, and funny enough, a
   version that is supposed to be able to run on a cellphone, and
   which, FWIW, includes a colour sensor, and I'll test them and let
   you guys know.  Also, they're both free.
   Stay well
   Jacob