[blindwoodworker] Cherry Top table

  • From: " Charlie Breese" <cbreese63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindwoodworker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:47:01 -0500

I started with rough cut cherry from up state New York 10 plus inches wide.
surfaced planed to just under 1 inch.
jointed one side to true up
set table saw to get max with
then jointed the cut side and checked the with and trued each piece
used biscuits to join the cherry clamped and let dry
sanded the top and bottom to suit
trimmed  the end and rounded over with router
the apron is made of 5/4 yellow pine she wanted to paint it.
with the top down I took a pieces of scrap 4x4 as that is what the legs will be
the apron is 31/2 inches in I put the 4x4 on the corners
the apron to the 4x4 about 3/4 inch from outside edge
determined length of apron pieces
clamped a straight edge as backer and set apron with the kreg system
cut 4 pieces of 5/4 9 inches with 45's on each end
these went in each corner and attached to the apron
the legs are attached with 2 each 5/16 lag bolts through the corner pieces to
pull the leg to the apron
finished with 5 coats of poly
READY FOR A LATE SUPPER

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from
Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone
visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime® 6.5 or higher is
required.