[blindweightwatcher] Tarragon Mushroom Chicken

  • From: "Jan Bailey" <jb021951@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindweightwatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:13:01 -0600

Tarragon Mushroom Chicken
Quick Cooking

Round out this saucy seasoned chicken with some rice or pasta, suggests Mary
Kretschmer. "I often make this dish when my children and grandchildren visit,"
she pens from Miami, Florida. "Using the slow cooker leaves me more time to
enjoy their company."
SERVINGS: 6
CATEGORY: Main Dish
METHOD: Slow Cooker
TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
Ingredients:
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions:
Place the chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup,
mushrooms, sherry or broth, butter, tarragon, Worcestershire sauce and garlic
powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat
thermometer reads 170°.
    Remove chicken and keep warm. Place the flour in a small saucepan;
gradually whisk in cooking liquid until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken. Yield: 6 servings.

Nutrition Facts
One serving: (4 ounces) Calories: 138 Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol:
25 mg Sodium: 534 mg Carbohydrate: 9 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 6 g

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Tarragon-Mushroom-Chicken