[blindweightwatcher] BLACK BEAN BURGERS (CHILI'S KNOCK-OFF)

  • From: "Jan Bailey" <jb021951@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindweightwatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 07:40:45 -0500

BLACK BEAN BURGERS (CHILI'S KNOCK-OFF)

Printed from COOKS.COM

1 can (14 oz.) black beans
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic (crushed)-substitute appx. 1/4 tsp. garlic powder or minced
garlic if desired
2 tsp. cajun seasoning
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup egg substitute (or one whole egg)

1) Place onion and garlic in food processor and process untill fine.

2) Add well drained black beans.

3) Process untill beans are in mashed consistancy

4) Place in medium mixing bowl, add cajun seasoning, bread crumbs and egg
substitute.

5) Mix thoroughly and shape in to 4 patties.

6) Place in well-greased grill basket, or grill. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side.
BROIL in the oven- 10-12 minutes each side, on a baking sheet covered in
aluminum foil, and sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. (this one makes for
easy clean up)

I discovered this recipe is a big hit after my fiance was craving Chili's black
bean burgers. He said they are VERY good, and quite comparable. Hope you
enjoy them too.

Submitted by: Tessa K8ie