[blindreplay] Re: website down?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:49:57 -0400 (EDT)

Robin

Without you telling us what station you are referring to, it is impossible
to say what the problem may be.
Typically, if something in the guide fails, I check elsewhere, run the url
finder if necessary, and go from there.
Maintaining a database of url streams, as Replay AV attempts to do with
the Media Guide, is working with a moving target of sorts as streams come
and go, change, -- sometimes seemingly like
the weather in Kansas <grin>!!
But back to your question, tell us what station you are after, I (or
someone else can then do the legwork to figure out if what you want is
listenable.

Also let me direct you to 3 other alternative sources of radio station
streams that I use daily:

www.radiotime.com

http://streamradioguide.com

www.mikesradioworld.com

These 3 offer far stronger radio stream info and, with the url finder, it
becomes extremely simple to either add the station into Replay AV or
uncover an url for inclusion in either a database one maintains themself
or creating hotkeys for.

My only regret with Replay AV is that I didn't discover it sooner.