[blindreplay] Re: having trouble recording several stations

  • From: "Susan Wojtecki" <wojtecki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:10:56 -0400

Petro and Gary,
Thanks for the reminder on how to copy the url--it works when you know what you're doing, sigh. With Tom's help I was able to capture three of the four streams in question. Again, WLTW offers an fm as well as an hd2 stream, and I still haven't had any luck with the hd2 stream although have tried adding it manually and recording through any options I could think of. Has anyone had problems with hd streams? Hopefully Tom or someone at Applian will have some ideas about this.If anyone wants to try, the station is WLTW, 106.7 fm, which offers a "lite fm" feed as well as an hd2 feed via their website called "classic lite". The fm feed works, the other does not record and any attempt to reach it via the Replay station tuner just brings up a message that Wndows Media needs to close, very strange.

Susan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Susan Wojtecki <wojtecki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 4:07 PM
Petro,
The feeds definitely work both from the webpages and via
www.streamingradioguide.com and www.radiotime.com. WLTW is
probably a clear
channel but surprisingly I got the commercial feed to
record but not the
secondary HD feed. I think this is the first time I've
tried recording HD
channels. I was surprised to find that content freely
available on their
website but figured that if it was playable it might be
recordable. Have you
had any luck with HD channels, and do you think that clear
channel stations
are still blocking their content so that recording does not
work? Not sure
if my problems are because of this or possibly some other
user error, but
have just written to Tom as you suggested and will try
again to see if I can
successfully connect. The problem, incidentally, is not
with Replay-AV
itself or my ISP, since all other shows are recording fine.
Will keep you
posted.