[blindreplay] Re: enhanced sound card

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:25:11 -0800 (PST)

Ok. You were recording with the stream capture method which I
strongly recommend right?

Some stations do not allow the stream capture method and when
try to record there streams using stream capture you get tons of
short recorded files.

Tips for you:

Use Replay's Media Guide to see if they have a different URL for
your stations that have this prroblem.

You can send the .txt file you see within all those short
recordings you have to Applian Tech support and they will try to
help you.

Sometimes they will create a URL - new URL of their own pointing
to that station in the Replay Media Guide.

Try recording that stream again to be sure it wan't a 1 time
thing.

Wireless is definitely slower.

The other option is to record the station via audio output
method instead of stream capture method but doing this will
capture your screen reader's speech. Disadvantages are many but
sometimes that's the only method on some streams.

Petro