[blindreplay] Re: a couple of questions

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:06:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi listers
Well, i swore I would never get this program, but i've been
using it for
about a week and a half and am hooked. Anyway, I have a couple
of questions.
Firstly, I'm using JAWS 8 and have sometimes had problems
maintaining focus
if I tab away from the main window, particularly after leaving
the program
guide or when multitasking. I find that other programs tend to
slow down
when I'm recording and multitasking so the problem may not be
related to
JAWS, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar
focus issues.

Petro replies:

My views only. I would tab to the minimize button within RAV 8
and press your space bar and this will minimize RAV 8 to your
task bar tray.

I never use Windows+M to minimize RAV 8.

The slowdown you are talking about can be many factors. How much
RAM do you have on your PC? What's the CPU speed? The more the
better.

How many programs do you have starting up every time you start
up your computer?

I am just pointing this out and am not saying you have it.
Spyware will slowdown any computer.

When you are done using the Replay media guide do a ALT+F4 and
RAV 8 should appear. If not, either go to task bar tray and find
the RAV 8 program or use ALT+TAB to cycle around your
open/running programs and documents until you hear RAV 8.

I do not have this slowdown here with RAV 8.

Susan writes:

 Also, i find that the keyboard commands don't always work as
they should.

Petro replies:

Which keyboard commands please? So they can be tested by me and
others.

Susan writes:

I also have a scheduling question, or maybe a challenge for
someone, smile.
I'm wondering how best to record programs that are archived such
as those on
the BBC streams and WFUV Mixed Bag. For Mixed bag radio, which
broadcasts on
WFUV on Saturdays from 5-8:00 p.m. Eastern time, I found it
difficult to
find and add the URL so would like some step by step help with
this if
possible. Also, I want to add ian Anderson's program from BBC
Scotland and
have been all over the page but can't seem to find the broadcast
times for
the programs from that particular station. i believe London time
is 6 hours
ahead of u.S. eastern time, can anyone confirm whether this is
the same for
scotland? Any help much appreciated, and my thanks to Alison for
starting
such a useful list. many thanks.

Petro replies:

You might wnt to listen to my recordings I did via my blog site:

http://petrogia.blogspot.com

I will see if I can find the station URL you needed.