[blindreplay] a couple of questions

  • From: "Susan Wojtecki" <wojtecki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:11:10 -0500

Hi listers
Well, i swore I would never get this program, but i've been using it for
about a week and a half and am hooked. Anyway, I have a couple of questions.
Firstly, I'm using JAWS 8 and have sometimes had problems maintaining focus
if I tab away from the main window, particularly after leaving the program
guide or when multitasking. I find that other programs tend to slow down
when I'm recording and multitasking so the problem may not be related to
JAWS, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar focus issues.
Also, i find that the keyboard commands don't always work as they should.

I also have a scheduling question, or maybe a challenge for someone, smile.
I'm wondering how best to record programs that are archived such as those on
the BBC streams and WFUV Mixed Bag. For Mixed bag radio, which broadcasts on
WFUV on Saturdays from 5-8:00 p.m. Eastern time, I found it difficult to
find and add the URL so would like some step by step help with this if
possible. Also, I want to add ian Anderson's program from BBC Scotland and
have been all over the page but can't seem to find the broadcast times for
the programs from that particular station. i believe London time is 6 hours
ahead of u.S. eastern time, can anyone confirm whether this is the same for
scotland? Any help much appreciated, and my thanks to Alison for starting
such a useful list. many thanks.

Susan