[blindreplay] Re: Window-Eyes 7 beta & Applian products

  • From: "Rick Alfaro" <rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:56:05 -0400

Yes, but as I said before, they are user drawn menus so the fastest fix
would be for Applien to use the screen reader flag to put up a standard menu
when a screen reader is detected.  That would be the way to really fix it.
I'm not saying that GW Micro won't ever attempt to do something with it, but
right now they have a lot on their plate with the release of 7.0 and
scripting which has been a huge project.  I mean no offence but I don't
think Replay AV is real high on their priority list at this time.  If enough
folks email them it might get their attention, but I honestly don't see it
happening any other way for now.  If this really bothers enough folks and
they email their request, well, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  For me,
it isn't a huge issue as I know how to get around the funky menu issue, and
I would imagine other WE users do the same.

Warmest regards,

Rick Alfaro
rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxx