[blindreplay] Replay Radio 9 & Recording A Device

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrogia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 11:23:47 -0400

This feature was added in an earlier version with Replay Radio 9 and I tested
today. Was able to schedule a recording with a start time to record from an
external source like from a radio unit's headphone output jack connection to a
USB sound card's mic input jack. Scheduler was set to capture from record audio
(device) and Device was set USB Sound Device. I used a 1/8 inch cable to
connect the radio's output to the mic input of the USB sound card. I have JAWS
set to use my laptop's internal sound card while in Windows OS I have the
default sound card set to the USB sound card. This allows me to use my screen
reader without being interrupted. Possibly if I used amplification I would have
heard the sound output from the radio but with no amplification I could not
monitor the sound from the radio during recording with Replay Radio 9. Works
great for me.