[blindreplay] Re: Missing MP3 File

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:17:46 -0400 (EDT)

The question to ask first, as this can and does happen with any automated
stream recorder, is whether or not the stream itself, at the given url,
was actually broadcasting.
When I see this happening, I first check to make certain the url is
working now.
If it isn't, it's time to research.
If it is, I then check to see if other recordings show problems.
If they don't, then I attribute this to some anomaly at the time of the
recording -- the stream down or unavailable at the given url,
the recorder itself somehow not triggering itself to start, etc.
If this is the only instance of this occurring, then you ought not concern
yourself about it.
This method of time shifting programs is far from foolproof.
It works, enough of the time, to make it very useful; but it can and will
fail given the vagueries of what it works with.