[blindprogramming] Using pydoc from Terminal

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindprogramming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 17:51:21 +0100

Hi folks,

I seem to be experiencing some issues with using pydoc.py from the Command
Prompt. I've managed to locate the pydoc.py file in Python27\Lib, but despite
numerous Google searches I can't seem to get the syntax right. I'm either told
that the method I type in is not found, or that the syntax is incorrect.
However what I have found out is it seems necessary to type in the .py
extenssion prior to the query, else I get a message advising me that pydoc
isn't a valid command.

Is it worth getting accustomed to reading documentation from pydoc.py, as well
as the material found in the Compiled HTML Help?

Regards,

Mark