Woman Pleads For One Last Request Before Going Blind

  • To: <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 11:57:03 -0400

CityNews.ca, Canada
Friday, October 05, 2007

Woman Pleads For One Last Request Before Going Blind

By CityNews.ca Staff

All Alexandra Arden wants to do is look up and see the sky. For most of us,
that wouldn't be a dream. But for a woman facing blindness, it's not only a
desperate need, but a goal with an impending deadline.

Arden is a reverend who suffers from the triple whammy of macular degeneration,
cataracts and glaucoma. The evil trio has been gradually stealing her sight
until there's almost nothing left. Now she faces the real possibility that she
will soon open her eyes and be confronted with permanent darkness. "There are
times I'm scared to open my eyes in the morning," she admits. "It was a fate
worse than cancer. I know what cancer is like. I nursed my mother to her death."

She's worked much of her life as a servant of God, but can't understand why
He's allowed this to happen to her. "I'm pissed off to no end," she seethes.
"Put that on camera! I'm pissed off ... And when I get up there I want to say,
'why did I have to go through this? Why at the point in my life when I was
happiest did this happen?'"

She knows it may take that final journey to get her answer. Until then, she
wants to take a different one - a leap into the sky for one last look around
until her vision of those magnificent sunsets goes down for the last time. She
wrote CityNews begging for the chance to be make her request come true, with a
final helicopter flight.

"I want to see the sky," she pleads. "I have to be up there."

Be sure to watch CityNews Tonight at 11 to find out how one sympathetic and
giving company made that dream take off.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_15470.aspx
BlindNews Mailing List
Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" as subject

Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind

RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp

More information about RSS feeds will be published shortly.