VisionWalk 2007 - the belated recap

  • To: <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 08:41:18 -0400

Blind Insight (Blog)
Sunday, October 14, 2007

VisionWalk 2007 - the belated recap

By madeline007

blind insight
my sight wanes; my insight waxes

The second annual VisionWalk played out almost exactly like the first one.
Gorgeous sunny day - check. Small but enthusiastic crowd of walkers - check.
Cohen/Freiburger clan plus a couple of friends, including an adorable toddler -
check (with the lovely addition of two adorable babies and a ceramic pig).
Walking around in 1K circles until we got bored - check. Usher's Mushers
running walking away with the Flying Pig award - great big, $17,000+ CHECK.

While the event itself doesn't carry the inspirational wallop of, say, the Race
for the Cure, it is inspiring to see so many blind and visually impaired
people, and their supporters, getting out and having a good time walking for a
good cause. Even more inspiring is the overwhelming response from our support
network - the money we raised came from nearly 200 separate contributors! As
word-smithy as I fancy myself, I'm at a loss to describe adequately how much
this widespread generosity means to me. I guess I will just sum it up with a
simple, but hearty THANK YOU!

Here are a few images of the event:

The 2007 Usher's Mushers - back row, L-R: Bill, Mad, S-J, Steve, Milo (hiding
under the blanket on his daddy's chest; front row, L-R: Monica, Natalie, Lucy,
and Linda

Amelia Eyeheart, our Flying Pig, rolling along in the Snap & Go:

Milo, doing the 5-week-old's version of a charity walk:

Assorted non-walking diversions, including a surprisingly talented band of
opthalmologists and a surprisingly entertaining Wall of Velcro at which the
older kids flung themselves willingly:

Posted at 12:33 PM in the eyes have it (a/k/a ear! ear!)

e-mail me
madeline007 at gmail dot com

http://blindinsight.blogs.com/blindinsight/2007/10/visionwalk-2007.html
BlindNews Mailing List
Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" as subject

Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind

RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp

More information about RSS feeds will be published shortly.