[blindeudora] Re: two questions

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 09:45:38 -0700

Thanks Pat. I have tried the alt space x, and also alt dash x but neither helps. I may have two copies of Eudora on my new pc here. I just got a Dell here with windows 10 on it and have been trying to put things on it but don't know much about windows 10 yet. It's being intermittant on the speech part of it makes it difficult to diagnose.
Thanks again.

Bud

At 09:34 AM 8/21/2015, you wrote:

Hi Bud,

Okay, to answer your first question. I have a copy of Eudora that does the same thing, saying " Eudora was unable to update the system registry." This is because I have 2 copies of Eudora on my computer.
I just hit the enter key and it opens up Eudora anyway.

The second thing, could be that something else is covering up the active Window in Eudora If you do Alt-Dash and hit the letter x to expand the window that might help. Or you can also try Alt-space bar and the letter x. This also expands the active window.

I hope this info helps you.

Thanks much.

Many Blessings,

Pat Ferguson
"I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13.

At 10:32 AM 8/21/2015, you wrote:
Hi Guys again,

It seems like I always have questions. When I open up Eudora I get the message "Eudora was unable to update the system registry". Then I click on it and works ok Any tthoughts on what that means and how I can eliminate it?
The other question is often it doesn't read who the message is from, it just gives numbers, like 1 of 25, 2 of 25 and so on. After trying different things I eventjually get it to read the names. I try so many things that I'm never sure just what did it. I think sometimes going bak to the desktop and then back to
Eudora will do it but not always. Also, during the time it's acting up I try to create an email and it just says vertical line and won't accept any key strokes. I have deleted all the .toc files. It does this in in box and outbox and junk. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much
I am using windoweyes and windows 10...

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P