[blindeudora] Re: crash in Eudora 7

  • From: 4u2know <4u2know@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 21:47:06 -0700

I spent $49.95 to do this. I'll see how this works now.

        Take care,

Brenda

At 01:43 PM 11/5/2006, you wrote:

All I did was update to 7.1.0.9, which I had to pay for since my serial number was more than a year old and vuala, working fine for another $19.95. Seems I've spent $49.95, then $39.95 then $19.95 for this program. :) Oh well, it should be the last paid update since we're integrating into Mozilla/Thunderbird, which I had a look at with Window-Eyes 6.0B1 and it's accessible though quite involved, many options, functions, and adjustments not available in Eudora unless you edit the eudora.ini file, e.g. changing paths for data files, attachments, etc and much more.

Curtis Delzer

At 02:01 PM 11/4/2006, you wrote:
I did exactly that. See, I downloaded the sponsored version of Eudora. Then what I did was register the version and pay for it. I've ad to uninstall it and reinstall it and still no go.

        Thanks.

Take care,

Brenda

At 02:50 PM 11/4/2006, you wrote:

Brenda,
would I be correct in saying that you purchased your version of Eudora more than a year ago?
If this is correct this could be why you can't get the later version.
I don't have the paid version, however it might pay you to uninstall your version and then install the latest version from Eudora.com. I think you would have to go to the sponsered mode. I think you should delay however until somebody who knows a lot more about Eudora than me replies.
Regards,
Max.

on 08:37 5/11/2006, 4u2know said:
Max, I have 5.0/1.0. Very interesting. There evidently is no more update because when I try and go to that, it doesn't update any more.

        Take care, and thanks,

Brenda

At 02:06 PM 11/4/2006, you wrote:
Hi,
not had the same problem as you, but used to have several crashes.
Have you upgraded to the latest version Eudora 7.1.0.9?
Since I did this I have not had a crash that I remember.
Max.

on 03:51 5/11/2006, 4u2know said:
Hello all,

I'm running Eudora 7, the paid version. Ever since I installed it, it crashes. Let me try to the best of my ability, to explain here.

It crashes on closing the program. It will not end its task. I have to end it and if I don't within a few seconds, it will crash and I will have to reboot. If anybody has ex-perienced this and has a work-around, let me know.

I actually reinstalled it thinking that would work, but no, it doesn't. I ran a spyware check with pest patrol and there was not spyware, neither were there any viruses. Help if you can!

        Thank you.

Brenda

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

< http://www.eset.com > http://www.eset.com