[blindeudora] Re: attached folder.

  • From: Pat Ferguson <pat.ferguson328@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:03:29 -0500

I guess there is a Eudora 8, but I hear it's not as good as what we're using.

I don't know much about it, but there are those on this list who do. <smile>

Thanks much.

Many Blessings,

Pat Ferguson
"I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13.

At 09:16 PM 9/26/2016, you wrote:

Did you actually go to the website and download another software.
Talking about eudora software, when my friend built me this computer he installed, although didn't set it up something that said: eudora 8, have never seen that anywhere.
        Marjorie.

At 06:41 PM 9/26/2016, David Andrews wrote:
Yes I have attachments, but all new installation.

Dave

At 08:08 PM 9/26/2016, you wrote:
Do you have attachments now? As I said if they are text attachments they are fine because I can open them in notepad, but other attachments nothing can be done.
        Marjorie.

At 05:58 PM 9/26/2016, David Andrews wrote:
This is a long shot, but my attachment problems started when I installed an updated DLL to Eudora. It was supposed to fix something, I can't remember what, then the system started making my attachments disappear.

Dave

05:30 PM 9/26/2016, you wrote:
No didn't use custom folders. Never do when setting up software. And we have done exactly what you suggest without finding it.
Marjorie.

At 03:08 PM 9/26/2016, ratshtron wrote:
did you use custom folders? if not, the attach folder may be somewhere else. when you select custom folders eudora is installed under

c:\program files\qualcom\eudora

and the atach folder is in the

c:\program files\qualcom\eudora

folder. try going to your c: drive and look for your name or maybe the user folder and then your name and then look for qualcom and under that should be the eudora folder where the attach folder should be. hope this helps.

Legend has it that on Monday 9/26/2016 02:08 PM, Marjorie Arnott said:
The Problem is, that attached folder isn't there on this computer yet it is there on the lap top. We installed exactly the same eudora software on both computers yet they installed differently. Found this with other software. computers have a mind of their own.
Marjorie.

At 12:00 PM 9/26/2016, Donna wrote:
Well the atachments go into a folder called atachments which is in the qualcom folder with in qualcom you will find the atachment folder and files for your in and out and junk box as well.At 10:48 AM 9/26/2016, you wrote:
Yes, I have even sent myself an attachment, the email arrived just fine but when I searched for the attachment was told, Not found.
Marjorie.

At 10:41 AM 9/26/2016, ratshtron wrote:
have you tried to search for the attachment? that should let you find where the attach folder is located.

Legend has it that on Monday 9/26/2016 10:49 AM, Marjorie Arnott said:
We have searched there and everywhere else and can't find the attached folder.
Marjorie.

At 07:52 AM 9/26/2016, Donna wrote:
I think you need to search for the qualcom in xp it is in program files.At 08:06 PM 9/25/2016, you wrote:
Hi Pat:
Thought I would ask a question while I can get messages sent; which is still iffy believe it or not. I believe other providers are having the same problem.

anyway, question: i invested in a new computer recently and it works great, windows 7 of course and as you see eudora. My question is:
Eudora installed like a dream except no matter what we do or try to locate we can't seem to find the attached folder. I can send and receive attachments just fine, except if someone sends me an mp3 file I can't open it or find it anywhere. When i get regular files in text format or DOC etc they will open in notepad so I can access them but anything else, who knows where they are. Any ideas?
I can go to my lap top and find the attached folder there but not here.
        Marjorie
        msarnott@xxxxx

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora
Send all list problems or inquires to: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx