[blindeudora] Re: a real baffling situation

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:25:15 -0800

Hi
Doris,

Well, it just returned again and is reading "unread and forwarded and sent" and I didn't do anything to start it again. This is the second time it has returned in the last couple days but I have no idea what is going on It's been at least four months since it dropped out and stopped reading. . When I turn off the computer and then the next time I boot it up it is gone again. I wish I knew some way of saving it but have no idea how. Sure baffling. As a matter of fact this message which you just received I had written a couple days ago but when my icons started talking again today I noticed that there was no "sent" in front of it so I sent it again. That's where I really need it as sometime a message I have sent gets in my out box and hasn't been sent for some reason, so when it talks I can know whether a message got sent or not. Oh well, that's the latest. If I find out how to save it I will let you guys know incase others are having the same situation.
Thanks again.

Bud

At 05:53 PM 1/30/2012, you wrote:
a friend who is running eudora on his 64bit win 7 install told me that the message status icons(graphics) would just not read under 64bit win 7 and could not be labeled period. I am surprised to learn that they can be read after all.

Unfortuatenly I do not know how to get them to read or how to lavel the graphics. I am not a we user and have never even seen a win 7 machine.

Hope you get it working again. If you do, please let us know what you did and how you did it. I may not be a we user but I keep an archive of any such occurrences for future reference.

Cheers,

Doris

At 04:24 PM 1/29/2012 -0800, you wrote:
Hi to all,

I've been without windoweyes reading the icons in Eudora for months and could never figure out how to get it back. When I first got this windows 7 64 bit last summer they read fine and then just quit reading them.. Now today all of a sudden it started rreading "sent, unread and forwarded" without my havintg done anything. I was so delighted but didn't know what made it starting to speak the icons again. But then, alas, I turned the computer off and when I rebooted it the speach is gone again. That's really baffling because it just started without my doing anything different. Anybody have any ideas as to the cause and how to bring it back again?
Thanks for any solution to my mystery.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California