[blindeudora] Re: Some outbound mail not being received

  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:29:55 -0400

The history file is one thing I turn off. That way the only address it can send is either a new one you type or one that is only in your address book.

At 02:12 AM 10/13/2007, you wrote:
You could look at your history.lst file to make sure there are no bad addresses in it, that are getting pulled somehow.

You can use notepad to look at it.

Dave

At 11:02 PM 10/12/2007, you wrote:
Hi listers,

I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 and have had an issue spring up that I cannot figure out. To be brief, mail I send to certain addresses is not being received. To narrow down where the problem originates, I used my web mail to send e-mail to the addresses in question and those messages were received. Some of the addresses are for e-mail at a place of employment, others are private. I have tried to determine a factor which links the addresses, but I'm stumped. The addresses as shown in the address book are correct, I even tried deleting the entry and entering it in the address book again but to no avail. I did get a couple "failure notices" but mostly I have no indication if the mail was received unless I speak with the recipient. If I am reading the EuDora site correctly, I have the most up-to-date version. Evidently repairing Eudora is not an option. So should I back up my mailboxes, uninstall and re-install? Is it time to migrate to Thunderbird? Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry for the lengthy post.

Regards,
Norma

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Tim