[blindeudora] Re: Problem solved & new problem

  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 19:17:04 -0400

Talk to your provider and make sure your setting are correct for pop, smtp, and ports.

At 06:19 PM 3/21/2015, you wrote:
I use Windows Pro 7, Eudora 7.1.0.9, Comcast.com

1) Problem solved:  "550 5.1.0 Authentication required"

In "Tools, Options, Getting started, Mail server (Incoming)" I had pop.comcast.net.
Solution was to change  pop.comcast.net to mail.comcast.net.
=================
2) New problem:

When checking for new emails I receive the following:
"The server or the network is slow to respond. To cancel your request press cancel request".
Or
"Error reading from network. Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server (10100)".

2nd new problem:
When Eudora is downloading new emails, the new emails show as a blue ribbon at the bottom right of the screen, but will never open on my New emails.

I can send but not receive emails.

Any suggestions ?

Dale
Holt,  Michigan