[blindeudora] Eudora email downloading

  • From: Dale Marshall <pepper-dale@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:11:28 -0400

I have Windows pro 7, Eudora paid 7.1.0.9, Firefox, Comcast.

I can send, but NOT download emails.

Problem:
When checking for new emails I receive the following:

When Eudora is downloading new emails, the new email activity shows as a static blue ribbon at the bottom right of the screen, but will never open any new IN emails.

Sometimes 1/3rd of the blue ribbon will show dark blue from the left, indicating its downloading, then disappears back to just the light blue. And after a while it shows either: "The server or the network is slow to respond. To cancel your request press cancel request".
Or
"Error reading from network. Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for network (10100).

Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100)

My internet connection is never the problem.
=======
I've been told:
"Make sure you have the correct pop, smtp, log in and password and ports if need changed.

I have (an earlier problem -- solved by changing "pop.comcast.net" to "mail.comcast.net"),
smtp is: smtp.comcast.net, port is 587 (can't see where to change it).

Any ideas ??

[]

Dale Marshall
2415 Aurelius Rd, Apt 18