[blindeudora] Password and User names

  • From: Larry Gassman <lgsinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eudora 2 <eudora@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Eudora 1 <blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:18:12 -0700

Well, her problem is solved.
Her message of thanks is below.
I've also given her links to these lists.
Larry

Hi Larry,
I am a way happy camper!  I downloaded Eudora 6.2.1 and the accompanying
manuals and guides in PDF format, which even read with WinEyes.  I
installed Eudora after reading some files with tips for XP and such.  I
started with a brand new account.  I didn't want to import any problems.  I
wrote myself a message and queued it up.  I hit Control-T and the password
box came up.  I was dismayed to find that the stupid pop server info was
still there.  I typed in the password anyway and hit Enter.  With DSL you
hardly have time to take a breath, let alone hold it.  It didn't dink at me
with that error sound.  It read the message header line in the out box with
Sent in front of it.  I was almost afraid to believe it.  I collected my
mail and there it was.  I told Larry that it worked.  He said, "Do it
again."  I did and it worked again.  Imagine that!  Who knows what the
glitch was in Eudora 5.0, but this version works.  Woo hoo!  I am back in
business with a good email program.  Nagging me behind my exultation is the
question, "Why the hell don't the SBC or Eudora people know about this;
and, if they do, why the hell don't they tell people?"  Eudora's tech
support called me back when I left a distress call.  Instead of telling me
that the upgrade would fix the problem and selling it to me, he said my
Eudora was too old and he wasn't allowed to help me.  As for SBC, they just
don't know, to put it nicely, squat.

Thanks to you and those on the lists who gave me ideas.  Even though each
thing didn't fix the problem, I learned some new things.  I got brave in
searching and finding help that was more helpful than the techs.  By the
time we talked on the phone, I was convinced that it was my version of
Eudora.  I did not know, however, that I could upgrade for free.  Let the
ads roll.  Who cares?  I'm not looking at them.  The only advantages to
paid mode, which might be worth it later on, are the tech support and Spam
Watch.  Fiddle-dee-dee.  I'll worry about it to-morruh.

Best wishes from a truly happy camper!
Marilyn Dorn
Pahrump, NV

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora