[blindeudora] Jaws/Eudora: Not reading entire line word by word

  • From: Brad D <bram4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eudora For The Blind <blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:06:48 -0600

I am running Windows XP Pro on a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop using Eudora
version 6.2 and Jaws 6.0. However this problem also occurred before
upgrading to Jaws 6.0 from 5.1. The problem is when composing a message or
just reading any message word by word using CTRL Right Arrow, or Left Arrow
the line is read only a little more than half way across the screen and
then Jaws just says blank blank.  Such as reading this line here,   it
stops after the first word blank.
Now I have found the actual problem but not sure how to fix it, or if
anyone else has experienced the same problem. The problem is the
composition or any message window for that matter has to be not minimized,
not maximized, but in the restore size in order to read properly. The
problem is Eudora puts it in maximize by default. It appears as though Jaws
will read it to the point of what the window would be if restored even if
it is maximized. Now reading just with the up and down arrows it will read
the entire line, this just malfunctions when reading  word by word as if to
find a misspelled word or the like. Are there any scripts that would
correct this issue or a fix? I've tried resetting the Eudora options of
needing to be maximized to read properly, I've tried to have the main
window of Eudora in restore and maximize along with the message window
restore and maximized and the only thing that matters is if the message
window is in restore or not. Any help is appreciated.

Brad

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora