[blindeudora] Re: JAWS 13 loading the wrong scripts for Eudora

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 09:56:49 -0500

I think it is jawskey+esc that refreshes the scripts. Insert+ctrl+q did something else I am not sure of but no refreshing or reloading of the scripts.

on my box here, jaws 13 is behaving itself quite well, at least much more so than several of the previous versions. This probably is dependent on individual systems again. ON this wellaged xp box, jaws 13 is good! I need to give it a good workout on my laptop sometime and see if it behaves any differently.

Think anyone At Fleadom Sciencefiction actually reads bug reports ...? over the 14 years i've been using jaws I have gotten much more help thru this and other list than thru any official support channel. People on here even know what they are doing and talking about! <g>

Thanks for running the list for such a long time! i know I habve been on it since 1999, which I guess is almost as long as the list has been operational.

My cheers to the list daddy and everyone on here.

smiles across the miles

Doris

At 09:00 AM 1/3/2012 -0500, you wrote:
Your right that jaws is making a mess of its self with version 13.I have noticed that and other things, but the good thing is its not a Eudora problem. you might want to drop Freedom Scientific a bug report. maybe someone will read it. Like Doris stated for now try alt + tabbing to another window and see if they reset. If that don't work you can try insert + control + q.
That should restart the scripts.

At 11:29 PM 1/2/2012, you wrote:
Writing a note in Eudora moments ago, JAWS was really sluggish. Insert-q told me that MS Word settings were loaded, and the program being executed was Eudora.exe. I closed and reopened eudora, thinking that JAWS would reload the Eudora scripts, but insert-q continued to report that Word settings were loaded and the program was Eudora.

Unloading and reloading JAWS fixed the problem. But I would have thought closing and reopening Eudora would do it. Prior to eudora I had been using Word, but why JAWS didn't release the Word scripts and wake up the Eudora scripts is a mystery. to me.

Has anyone else seen this? Short of unloading JAWS, is there a quick way to reload the scripts for the active program???

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Tim
Blindeudora list owner.

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora