[blindeudora] Re: Eudora Tech Support

  • From: John Gasman <jjgassman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:56:08 -0800

HI,
I had this same problem with Eudora Crashing when I pasted a large amount
of text into a message. Then I got a new computer Christmas has come earlyly.
I now find that with more memory and a faster processor, I don't have those
problems.
I have 2.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. Kelut 2.02
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.07 06/09/2004
I'm using XP service Pac 2, home adition
with JAWS 5.1.

I have gotten a few Eudora exception errors but this seems to occur when I
am reading messages one after the other very quickly and its usually filled
with forwarded text from people who leave the headers and other extraneous
garbage in their email messages.
John
At 08:40 PM 11/14/2004, Leonard Salinas wrote:
>the tech support person must use jfw and eudora for a while before eudora
>crashes. it will sometimes crash when trying to copy and paste a large
>amount of text from one message to a new one.
>will
>
>on Sunday 11/14/2004 08:36 PM, Pranav Lal said:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Who did you speak too? I had contacted Eudora tech support regarding the
> >crashing problem when the Microsoft viewer was disabled. The tech support
> >person loaded jfw on her machine but was unable to duplicate the problem.
> >At 04:38 AM 11/15/2004, Norma A. Boge-Conyers wrote:
> >I have called Eudora technical support at least twice.  Each time, I told
> >the first tech I spoke with that I used a screen reader.  On both
> >occasions, this person took my name and number and a tech person who is
> >familiar with both Jaws and Window Eyes called me back and spent all the
> >time I needed to resolve my issue.  This person told me that she has a PC
> >loaded with Eudora and the two major screen readers which they use in
> >duplicating problems and in development of future releases.  I have no
> >reason to suspect this is not true, as this person had a good idea of Jaws
> >and its capabilities with Eudora.  So, I would say the Eudora folks are on
> >the ball.  That's why I choose to give them my money, it is a great
> >program, IMHO.
> >

> >List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora
> >Send all list problems or inquires to: blingeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >to un subscribe:
> >   field
> >  field
>

>List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora
>Send all list problems or inquires to: blingeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>to un subscribe:
>  field

         John Gassman
mailto:jjgassman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Recognition Of The Problem is 51% Of The Solution

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora