[blindchristian] ,New post on HPN, Alive and Still Married 24 Opposites Attract

  • From: Keith Heltsley <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:05:15 -0500

New post on HPN

podcast.heltsley.net author=2
Alive and Still Married 24 Opposites Attract
by keith
Forget the weekly updates... this is more like monthly update, and getting close to bi-monthly update. We're finally able to record again after a long break.
We share a little about the reason for the delay between podcasts, and critter updates. This time the fun involves snakes. The friendly, non-poisonous common garter snake. Harmless, but they can go and do what nature designed rthem to do, and hybernate in a nice hole in the groung. Not our house. Although, we might have a new project on our hands. We could make llittle snake skin accessories for Barbie... Nah... let Barbie buy her fancy belts and shoes somewhere else. Robin has also been doing aquatic therapy, to help with controling her pain.
Keith gives the answers to the word quiz from last episode. Rather than another quiz, Robin and Keith go through a word list, and discuss the definitions and usage.
Recipe with Robin. Easy Chicken Pot Pie. Listen and learn how she makes this simple dish that you can mix up. and have ready to serve in ,minutes. Allit takes is some vegetables of your choice, either fresh or canned chicken, your favorite shredded cheese, and some biscuits.
Main Topic: Opposites Attract.
Robin talks about different types of temperaments, and how more than one kind can show up in a person. Sanguin, melancholie, extravert, flegmatic, and others. What are those terms anyway?
What about the concept of opposites attracting? Emotion and personality types may do well to attract. It makes life interesting. In general it works better to be more alike than different.
Weaknesses in a relationship don't show up until later. That annoying little trait went unnoticed at first, or the charming thing one person does may become an annoyance at a later time. Conflicts might be better described as a conflict un weakness. Robin has an example or two... OK, a lot more... to demonstrate these concepts.
Is there any hope to manage conflicts? Agree on ground rules ahead of time. Namely that divorce is not an option. No disagreement is a threat to a marriage. Its not who you are, or the disagreement, but what you do about it. Try to step back, and take an objectivelook. Leave the past in the past, and move forward.
Trivia Alert
We wrap up with some trivial fun. Fun daily trivia can be found on Michael Gallager's blog, Trivia of the Day.
Send us your feedback. We love hearing from you. Use the comment form on this page. Click the Contact link, and use the form to send an email. Follow the official tweets of @HPNCast.
Alert us to your question and comments with the hash tag: #hpnalive
keith | October 27, 2015 at 9:40 pm | Categories: Alive and Still Married | URL: http://wp.me/p5uvFj-4m
Comment
See all comments
Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from HPN.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.
http://podcast.heltsley.net/2015/alive-and-still-married-24-opposites-attract/