[blindchristian] [New post] Quest for Truth 42 Battling Depression, with James Kennison

  • From: Keith Heltsley <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 14:04:15 -0600

[New post] Quest for Truth 42 Battling Depression, with James Kennison

Keith Heltsley

Begin forwarded message:

From: "HPN" <dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
"donotreply" for DMARC)
Date: November 16, 2015 at 11:51:58 AM CST
To: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [New post] Quest for Truth 42 Battling Depression, with James Kennison

New post on HPN

Quest for Truth 42 Battling Depression, with James Kennison
by keith
Picking up where we left off last time, we talk abut bad pastors. Not evil,
just flawed... like anybody else.

James talks about his journey from rural Georgia to his pastorate. His calling,
training, mentor, and steps along the way. In following his mentor to Kansas
City, MO he worked in the inner city in bus ministry, puppets, and with the
kids in the neighborhood. Obedience, trust, prayer, and patience to be where
you need to be when God wats you there.

The message to be learned is that James is a regular guy, just like you or me.
Being a pastor holds no immunity to what the world throws at us. In our quiz of
the previous episode we talked about biblical myths. If we didn't touch much on
it in our hangout with James, we go deeper into some of the fake things
christians practice in their religious worship.

James has spent the past few years in a spiral into depression. He's slowly
climbing back out of it, with plenty of steps backward to seemingly match his
progress. The journey isn't easy, and we learn what has help James through, to
the point he is today. Faith is important, so is getting medical attention.
Sometimes there are no easy answers, but to keep on anvhoring yourself to the
promises of God.

Enjoy the rest of our hangout with James. I hope it will be encvouraging to
those who are either suffering from depression, or a loved one of someone who
is.

Feedback

You know what to do. This is your chance to have your voice heard. Tell uswhat
we're doing right, or what you think we got all wrong. Comment, email us, leave
an iTunes review, follow the official tweets @HPNVast, or any combination of
the above.

keith | November 16, 2015 at 10:53 am | Categories: Quest for Truth | URL:
http://wp.me/p5uvFj-4v
Comment See all comments
Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from HPN.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

http://podcast.heltsley.net/2015/quest-for-truth-42-battling-depression-with-james-kennison/