[blindchristian] Happily Incompatible

  • From: "Victoria E Gilkerson" <vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 02:18:38 -0500

Happily Incompatible

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am
making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Isaiah 43:19

When asked to reveal his secret for staying married for well over half a
century, Billy Graham gave a simple, yet somewhat paradoxical answer: "Ruth
and I are happily incompatible."

That's a great answer to questions everyone inevitably asks themselves at
some point during marriage: "How can I stay married to this person?" And,
"Did I marry the wrong person?"

But that, "Did I marry the wrong person?" question is a dangerous one. Why?
Because it's framed completely wrong. And wrongly framed questions twist the
issue and therefore elicit wrong answers. Furthermore, the question is based
upon a serious misunderstanding of marriage itself. And misunderstandings
create a fertile field for myths, myths that have the potential to damage
your marriage.

When you married (or when you marry) you made a commitment to do certain
things, like love, honor & cherish. There weren't any "out" clauses in case
the person wasn't the right person for you.

Learn to be happily incompatible.

- Steve Arterburn

"There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye
to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting
their friends." - Homer (8th century)

Stay Connected

newlife.com

New Life Ministries | customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxx | PO Box 852347 |
Richardson | TX | 75085-2347

Copyright C2015. All Rights Reserved.

Just a reminder that you're receiving this email because you have expressed
an interest in New Life Ministries. Don't forget to add
customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxx to your address book so we'll be sure to land in
your inbox!

Forward this email

This email was sent to vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx by customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxx

Update Profile/Email Address | Rapid removal with SafeUnsubscribeT | Privacy
Policy.

New Life Ministries | P O Box 852347 | Richardson | TX | 75085-2347

Victoria E Gilkerson