[blindchristian] Genesis 9 16, May 20, 2015

  • From: "Victoria E Gilkerson" <vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 08:10:57 -0500

Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the
everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on
the earth."

- Genesis 9:16 (NIV)

Today's commentary
by Dave Whitehead <http://www.thedailybibleverse.org/pastor-david-whitehead>
, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org <http://www.gracenyc.org/>

This passage in the original Hebrew describes the rainbow as a bow of war.
This makes the symbolism even more stunning, because this bow is pointed
toward heaven, not earth. In other words, God will not judge the earth as he
did at the flood, because he has pierced himself in judgment through Jesus
Christ. Now we can live in God's mercy, and the rainbow is a reminder that
God's wrath is pointing toward himself on the cross and not to us.

Subscribe : Email
<http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=theDailyBibleVerse&loc=en_
US> | Facebook <http://facebook.com/DailyBibleVerse> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/DailyVerseTweet>

May201519

1 John 3:19-22
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-this-is-how-we-know-that-we-b
elong-to-the-truth-and-how-we-set-our-hearts-at-rest-in-his-presence> - This
is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest
in his presence:...

May201518

2 Peter 3:8-9
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-but-do-not-forget-this-one-th
ing-dear-friends-with-the-lord-a-day-is-like-a-thousand-years> - But do not
forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand
years,...

May201517

Acts 5:27-29
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-the-apostles-were-brought-in-
and-made-to-appear-before-the-sanhedrin-to-be-questioned-by-the-high-priest>
- The apostles were brought in and made to appear before the Sanhedrin to be
questioned by the high priest....

May201516

Joel 2:28-29
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-and-afterward-i-will-pour-out
-my-spirit-on-all-people> - "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all
people....

May201515

1 John 4:10
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-this-is-love-not-that-we-love
d-god-but-that-he-loved-us-and-sent-his-son> - This is love: not that we
loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son...

May201514

Ephesians 1:22-23
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-and-god-placed-all-things-und
er-his-feet-and-appointed-him-to-be-head-over-everything-for-the-church-whic
h-is-his-body> - And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him
to be head over everything for the church, which is his body,...

Page 1 of 2051 <http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/page/2> 2
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/page/3> 3
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/page/4> 4
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/page/5> 5...