[blindchristian] Genesis 4 6-7, April 11, 2015

  • From: "Victoria" <gilkerson2730@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Casey McKinney" <cm.mckinney@xxxxxxxxx>, <annfoxworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 22:25:48 -0500

Then the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast?
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what
is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you
must rule over it."

- Genesis 4:6-7 (NIV)

Today's commentary
by Dave Whitehead <http://www.thedailybibleverse.org/pastor-david-whitehead>
, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org <http://www.gracenyc.org/> , Author of Making
Sense of the Bible
<http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/books/making-sense-of-the-bible/349330>

This is the first explicit mention of the word "sin" in the Bible. Notice
the metaphor-sin is like a lion that is ready to pounce. It hides in the
shadows of the doorway and wants to have you, yet we have power over sin
before it pounces. If you want to win in your struggle against sin, you must
build your devotion to Christ in the times that you don't feel sin's grip.
This is our God given responsibility as Christians.

Subscribe : Email
<http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=theDailyBibleVerse&loc=en_
US> | Facebook <http://facebook.com/DailyBibleVerse> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/DailyVerseTweet>

Apr201510

Hebrews 9:15
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-for-this-reason-christ-is-the
-mediator-of-a-new-covenant-that-those-who-are-called-may-receive-the-promis
ed-eternal-inheritance> - For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new
covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal
inheritance...

Apr201509

Hebrews 2:14-15
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-since-the-children-have-flesh
-and-blood-he-too-shared-in-their-humanity-so-that-by-his-death-he-might-bre
ak-the-power-of-him-who-holds-the-power-of-death> - Since the children have
flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he
might break the power of him who holds the power of death...

Apr201508

Isaiah 53:5
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-but-he-was-pierced-for-our-tr
ansgressions> - But he was pierced for our transgressions,...

Apr201507

Romans 8:31-34
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-what-then-shall-we-say-in-res
ponse-to-these-things-if-god-is-for-us-who-can-be-against-us-he-who-did-not-
spare-his-own-son-but-gave-him-up-for-us-all> - What, then, shall we say in
response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who
did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all...

Apr201506

Acts 1:3
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-after-his-suffering-he-presen
ted-himself-to-them-and-gave-many-convincing-proofs-that-he-was-alive> -
After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing
proofs that he was alive....

Apr201505

Matthew 28:2-6
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/bible-verse-there-was-a-violent-earthquak
e-for-an-angel-of-the-lord-came-down-from-heaven-and-going-to-the-tomb-rolle
d-back-the-stone> - There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord
came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone...

Page 1 of 2051 <http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/page/2> 2
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/page/3> 3
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/page/4> 4
<http://www.theDailyBibleVerse.org/page/5> 5...