[blindchristian] Acts 5 3-5, July 10, 2015

  • From: "Victoria E Gilkerson" <vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 20:59:49 -0500

Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart
that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the
money you received for the land? Didn't it belong to you before it was sold?
And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you
think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to
God." When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized
all who heard what had happened.

- Acts 5:3-5 (NIV)

Today's commentary

by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org, Author of Making Sense of
the Bible

This is a very dramatic story of a couple that tried to deceive God in the
midst of a great outpouring of miracles. True revivals have been
historically marked with unique displays of God's power and public exposures
of sin, so when we pray for revival in our communities, realize that the
same Spirit that does miracles also reveals our wickedness. We are in
desperate need of revival, but are God's people ready to have their secrets
brought out into the open? The answer to this question could be connected to
the amount of the Spirit's power we see in our generation.

Subscribe :

Victoria E Gilkerson