Hi Jeff. Sounds good! I'll have to try it!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Bishop" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jeff Bishop" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:06 PM
Subject: New name, same freshness!
Major iPodder PodCatcher news everyone!
From the iPodder team:
New name, same freshness - We squeezed iPodder out of our name. What's left
is... pure Juice!
Yes, iPodder has been given a new name of Juice Receiver. Click here:
to download your copy. All of the same features you have grown to love are
still here. I will put the list of changes below for your review. First
some installation notes for this new version.
Make sure to remove all copies of iPodder from your system before installing
this new version. The reason for this is that the new software installs
into its own directory and therefore you will have Juice and iPodder running
at the same time. Don't worry though, all of your download history and
settings will be maintained as long as you do not remove the iPodder folder
in your user directory. If you don't understand this last part, ignore it
Here is the list of changes in this release:
Note: The issues of lockups that were reported on the BlindCasting list and
on the BlindCoolTech list have been fixed even though they are not mentioned
below. Extensive testing went on by me personally to insure this (or at
least the lockups I saw).
1. iPodder -> Juice name change.
2. Expanded support for various one-click subscription mechanisms. On Windows: a File Types tab in Preferences to set these behaviors.
3. Clipboard support for feed/podcast URLs on Windows/Mac.
4. Winamp support for playing and enqueuing files.
5. User guide, linked from Start -> iPodder -> UserGuide on Windows.
6. Downloaded files are named after the final URL instead of the initial URL
when HTTP redirects are encountered.
7. Enriched the history data we save, to allow us to support a number of new
features. For example, script-powered download URLs should work now.
8. The history database cleans up after itself, deleting history records for
items that are both old and no longer present in the feed.
9. Allow re-downloading files that have gone missing by marking them as Removed.
10. New languages: Danish, Basque, Finnish, Italian, Korean, Greek.
11. Added support for password-protected proxies (HTTP Basic and Digest).
12. Added support for password-protected feeds and downloads (HTTP Basic and
Digest). Please note: protected downloads must live on the same domain as
the feed in order for this to work.
13. Download code now respects content-disposition header for download files
whose names are different than the URL at which they're located.
14. Fixed BitTorrent abort/resume. Partially downloaded BitTorrents now show up with Partial status instead of Downloaded.
15. Fixed a bug in Windows Media Player support that resulted in Date Added
not getting set. Date-based auto-playlists work now.
16. Feedmanager OPML fetcher now runs in a background thread unless we're about to do a download run.
17. Directory root for newly added directories, where we'll put directories
that haven't yet been added to the stable release.
18. Moved scheduler configuration data into ipodder.cfg.
Download the release from my web site at:
Happy Juicing everyone!