Re: Iriver 799 documentation.

  • From: "FrankLizarde" <franklizarde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 14:06:09 -0700

Does the firmware upgrade take a long time?
What happened was that I installed the manager.
Then I downloaded the firmware, which was IFP-7XX.HEX.
Is it the correct one for the IFP799?
Then I opened the file from with in the manager.
It told me that it was updating the firmware or something like that, and to please wait, but it gave me an OK button.
So I waited for a while and nothing happened.
Then I hit the OK button and waited for a while, but the unit never powered down.
What did I do wrong?
Could someone help please?
It's terrible to have a new tool or toy, and not to be able to use it!
Thanks in advance!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald_roberts_99@xxxxxxxxx>