[blind-philly-comp] Article: How to fix Microsoft Office 365 subscription and license problems

  • From: David Goldfield <david.goldfield@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-philly-comp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 17:47:14 -0400

I saw this on WindowsCentral.com, a site I regularly visit to get news about all things Windows, and I thought this was worth sharing as any one of us could encounter this problem.

How to fix Microsoft Office 365 subscription and license problems
Richard Devine
2 minutes

I have an Office 365 license, and it's still definitely valid and very much paid for, but Excel didn't seem to think that was the case when I went to open the app.
Fortunately, there's a really easy fix to the problem that doesn't involve contacting Microsoft and yelling at anyone on the phone.
How to fix Microsoft Office 365 subscription problems
Here's what you should do to resolve the issue:
1. Right-click on the Start button.
2.
Select apps and features.
Office fix
3. Find the application from the list that you had the error in. (If you're using Office 365 the app will be labeled as the package and not the individual app name).
4.
Click modify.
Office fix
5. Select online repair.
6.
Click repair.
Office fix
In some cases, errors can be fixed with the quick repair option, but when a license comes into play you need to go online to ensure everything syncs back up correctly.
Office will now download whatever files and data it needs to repair itself. Once the process is complete, fire up the misbehaving application again. You should no longer see an error message stopping you from being productive like a boss!

You are invited to visit the moderator's Web site at WWW.DavidGoldfield.Info
for additional resources and information about assistive technology training
services.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email
blind-philly-comp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the
subject line.

To subscribe from another email address, send email to
blind-philly-comp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word subscribe in the subject
line.

To contact the list administrator, please email
blind-philly-comp-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx