[blind-it] How and when is a domain Sid Generated?

  • From: "Al Puzzuoli" <alpuzz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:05:26 -0500

As background to why I'm asking this question:

  I want to set up  a VM runningServer 2008.  Before ever joining it to
the domain, I'll  configure the OS the way I want it, install Jaws,
enable remote desktop, etc.

What would happen if I attempt to join multiple copies of that base VM
to the domain?  Will they each be seen as a new machine, and given a
unique sid, or will I need to sysprep each new instance of the server?

Thanks,