[blind-it] Re: Accessible RSS Reader - Seeking input for development

  • From: Mike Reiser <metalhead1009000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:10:04 -0600

On 29/11/2008 10:35 PM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I am planning to develop an accessible RSS reader / aggregator.  I will be
> developing first as a standalone cross-platform application.  I will develop
> the logic of the application as an API that should be easy to implement as
> an web-based reader in the future.
>
> I would like to solicit any thoughts or comments from those who currently
> work with RSS readers (standalone or web-based) to find out what features
> you find most important, what features you would like to have but have never
> found in another accessible RSS reader and what accessibility challenges you
> have with current readers.
>
> Please let me know if you would also be interested in beta testing the
> application when the time comes.
>
> Thanks in advance for the input,
> Everett

I basically would like something similar to a modern email client.  A
treeview/folderlist of fees and a list containing the stories.  Pressing
enter would bring up a nice webpage lauyout with the full story.  I'd be
very interested in testing, please email me off list at
archenemy@xxxxxxxxxxxx and we can discuss this further.

Mike